Oh my goodness! Today I was nominated by Alison at Girltoblogger for the Liebster Award, to say I was surprised is an understatement. Alison was one of my very first followers and you guys know the first few days that you're launching a blog or business those first few people who are nice & welcoming always leave an impression. Not to mention she has a really cool blog featuring lots of beauty recommendations. hey girl!
To give you a little background this award is given to bloggers by other bloggers and started back in 2011. This is what I love about the internet, cool people coming together to support & be part of a larger community. How cool right!? :)
Here are the rules for this award:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you for the award and make sure to acknowledge them.
- Answer the 11 questions that you were asked by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 5-10 other new bloggers to receive the award.
- Create 11 new questions for your nominees to answer.
My Q & A:
1. Do you like reading? If so what’s your favorite book?
I do! I love reading, my favorite book has to be hands down Malcom Gladwell's books. They're so good, they're a mix of science and psychology. So interesting! My Favorite: Outliers
2. What inspired your blog name?
It took me a while to come up with my blog name. I wanted my blog to evoke that emotion when you get something on sale or find a killer deal at the flea market or thrift store. It's a huge thrill and I love it even more when it's an item that makes me feel luxurious. I live for these thrills!
3. If you could trade lives with a celebrity for one day who would it be and why?
Hmmm.. I would have to choose Rihanna, I would love to check out her closet!
4. What is your favourite blog post you’ve ever written?
I would have to say it's my most recent blog post about being carefree & forgiving. I really believe we can be hard on ourselves as humans and we don't realize. It's part diary entry part therapy session. Basically, my way of getting people to be ok with feeling a certain way.
5. Whats one thing immediately puts a smile on your face?
My family dogs or dogs in general :)
6. What was your inspiration to start blogging?
My inspiration was creating a space where I could share my love for thrifting & show people that even if you have very little to work with in terms of money, you don't have to spend alot to look stylish.
7. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life what would it be?
8. What is the best TV series you have ever watched?
Sex & The City, I mean you can't mess with a classic. It's the perfect combination: fashion, real life & NYC.
9. Are you a cat or dog person?
See question 5. Dog person all the way.
10. What is your favourite song at the moment and why?
I'm addicted to listening to Wild Thoughts by Rihanna, DJ Khaled & Bryson Tiller. It's partly because Rihanna is going through this truly IDGAF moment and I'm joining her. hahaha!
My nominations go to:
When Life Gives You Limes
- Out of all the countries you have visited, which one did you like the most?
- What is the most extreme thing you have ever done?
- What is your favorite beauty product by far?
- Cat or Dogs?
- How would you describe your style?
- What is currently your favorite book?
- Who is your style icon?
- Apple or Samsung?
- Why did you start your blog?
- What's the hardest thing you've encountered while blogging?